Basically a series of events has made things uncomfortably tight. I should be fine, but having an extra $1,000 or so would make me feel more comfortable. Here is where I stand:
- $1,830 in cash in bank accounts
- -$1,300 in credit card bills
- -$1,650 in rent due next month
To be fair, I have $2,375 in my bank accounts that aren’t included in the above figures, but it’s not mine. I’ve been trying to not dip into it but it’s obvious I will have to. Income that’s coming in any day now.
- $1,500 paycheck
- $470 FSA reimbursement
- $300 reimbursement #1
- $600 reimbursement #2
- $200 reimbursement #3
- $700 state tax refund
- $260 owed to me from my mom (unexpected)
I should have ~$2,900 cash by the end of next month but with my trip coming up and being out of town, I’m not entirely sure.
I did open up a new credit card with 0% APR for the next 15 months, so that’ll help soften the blow.
I have a lot of unique transactions that will be coming in and out this month. This has left me with -$208 in my bank account. Well technically I am not in the red, but $2,000 of what is in my bank account is not mine, and it will be gone come June/July (long story, which I will not explain). So the -$208 represents what I have in liquid assets. What should come in this month to rectify the current situation includes the following:
- $470. FSA Reimbursement. Last months medical expenses have yet to be processed completely, I will try and see what is going on over the next couple of days so my FSA can reimburse this money.
- $700. State Tax Return.
- $1535. Paycheck. This would come on the 25th of this month
- $975. Money owed to me
- $300. Insurance Reimbursement
It should be noted that I still have ~$300 left of my variable income to spend on food and other necessities. Once all of that is taken care of, I should have ~$3475 of liquid assets. Once I pay my rent that will drop down to $1825 on May 1.
I have another business trip coming up next month, and I will not be contributing to my Roth IRA until after my vacation. This is the timeline and holdings I expect for April-June.
- May 21 – I leave for vacation.
- $4,055 in liquid assets
- $4,055= $1825 (carry over) + $2455 (May paychecks) + $175 (Additional income) – 400 (May spending)
- +$500 in 401K
- +$570 in Roth IRA
- June 1 – Rental payment
- $2,405 in liquid assets
- $2,805= $4,055 (carry over) – $1,650 (rent).
- June 4 – Return from trip
- $1,905 in liquid assets
- $1,905 = $2,405 (carry over) – $500 (vacation spending).
- June 6 – Pay day
- $3,155 in liquid assets
- $3,155 = $1,905 (carry over) + $1250 (income)
- +$285 in Roth IRA
- +$245 in Roth 401K
- June 20 – Pay day
- $4,400 in liquid assets
- $4,400 = $3,155 (carry over) + $1,245 (income)
- +$285 in Roth IRA
- +$245 to Roth 401K
So by the end of June I hope to have contributed at least $1,000 to my 401K and $1,000 to my Roth IRA.